Thursday, December 31, 2009

The End.

Dear 2009,

I gotta be honest. You sucked. You sucked donkey balls.

I'm sure it is not your fault. No, really. I don't blame you necessarily. But let's be honest, the year was a giant let down, especially after the distinct disappointment that was 2008. I'd had high hopes but instead . . . well, we've covered that already.

It was well documented the myriad of ways in which the year sucked, so no need to revisit. And while I'm feeling generous, I don't feel like slogging through the mire once again looking to see the silver linings or whatever.

I'm just ready to put the past (you) behind me and call it pax.

But I hope you'll forgive me for saying that I am really looking forward to 2010. Not because I think it'll be a spectacular year, but I kinda feel like it couldn't possibly get worse.

So cheers. We'll toast to you tonight and welcome in the new year, and I guarantee that it'll be with a sigh of relief on my part.

PS - that little parting gift with the thermometer crapping out this morning as I'm trying to determine ovulation? Very cute. Midnight cannot come fast enough.

No comments: