Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Psssshhhhhhhhffftttttt

So, I clearly have nothing better to do with my time than look at pictures of pregnancy tests.

I was specifically looking at the WalMart/Target/CVS/Walgreens Store brand tests, which are now all the same. 2 line, blue dye. The search was focused on faint lines. Faithful readers may remember that I have had mixed results with these tests in past - they were the first to reflect the ectopic pregnancy and the first to reflect Gabe's pregnancy. They also indicated I was pregnant in early December, and when no other test agreed, reflected (quite disturbingly) that my husband was likewise pregnant. Turns out, neither thing was true and the tests were simply lying liars who lied.

Anyway, I'm looking at these, and I commented to DH that I found it entertaining what some people consider to be faint lines.

Now, I will pause momentarily to remember back to over a year and a half ago, when I took the first tests with Chickadee and got a pink line on FR. I didn't believe it. It was faint, but oh so clearly there. And then I continued taking tests of all sorts and most of them were positive. As dark as the control line? Nah. Not at 10 dpo. Dark enough for my husband to believe me? Nope!

That makes the next moment much funnier, you see. We were so young, so innocent. I'd taken less than 30 tests at that point in time. Ah, youth.

Anyway, I made the comment to Dh and then showed him the picture I was looking at, which was clearly a positive test, with a strong blue line. Not as dark as the control, but in no way faint, unclear or not positive.

He started laughing so hard he snorted. Because dude knows what a real faint line looks like. Oh, man. The idea that people can be as sweetly innocent as we once were . . .

1 comment:

Tamaya said...

Ahem-
http://twincubator.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-am-not-pregnant.html
It's not just the cheap tests...