Monday, August 11, 2008

Oh holy hell.

The afternoon and two hours late I stayed on Friday? Were for very little.

I'm in the midst of a massive tracking project and it seems to be going nowhere. I have to find money that was never properly applied to our account by the credit card company. I was told it would be found in one of two fund sources - that I needed to find the original submissions and then update. Seemed easy enough - there were 4 charges totalling $X charged on 9/25. So there should be a ledger charge on or around that date with at least 4 charges and at least $X.

Except I quickly found that I might find September charges in January ledgers and that I couldn't trace the amounts so easily. I ended up going through each ledger charge in the two funding sources one by one to write out the receipt dates covered by that ledger charge. Let's not forget that the receipts had to be mapped out. In theory they are run everyday, but I've found weeks missing. Does that mean that batch receipts were run everyday and never credited to the ledger? Or does it mean that the receipt for 10/19 covers everyday between 10/14 and 10/19, so that is the only receipt between the two dates?

This is a nightmare and I mapped everything out only to find that it didn't help. The amounts are still not showing up. If it was charged 9/25, then it should be in a receipt between 9/10 and 9/25. Not somewhere in October. The batch resets after it's run. I could scream right now. I'm trying to recover $40K - and I can't find any of it.

No comments: