Monday, July 20, 2009

Need good thoughts.

Yesterday, I had a lot of pain and soreness. My whole lower abdominal region/uterus was tender and sore. I couldn't bend over at all without discomfort and pain.

I'd had a short bout of spotting on Saturday evening, but it went away fairly quickly, with no signs on Sunday, except the soreness.

Then, late last night, I felt fluid, then more and had a bad feeling. Went to the bathroom, and sure enough, bright red blood, followed by the feeling of something and an audible plop. I was still dripping, but I stood up to see a clot the size of a chicken egg. I asked Jason to look and verify it so I wasn't crazy and he did. The bleeding slowed pretty quickly to red and pink spotting (the pad I put on went pretty much clean overnight).

We, of course, checked for the heartbeat, and after some searching, we found it, hanging out about 148 - 150. That's lower than it had been, but I've been informed that it's pretty normal for it to be dropping slightly by this time, and it's certainly normal ranges.

I slept pretty well until about 5 am, when I got up to pee. Then dozed for an hour and a half. We checked the h/b again this morning, steady at 150. Spotting was brownish/pink and I could bend over (though there was lingering soreness). Then I shaved, took a shower, washed my hair. Spotting turned red again (sigh).

I'm going to call the mw and we'll see what, if anything, she'd like to do. We have reason to think baby is fine. But there is concern that this might be a placental issue and I'd really like to have another u/s to check that specifically. We'll see.

* * * * * * *

Tiny update:

I just got off the phone with my mw. She said she doesn't want me to have another u/s because she instead wants me to see an OB. She's concerned that the previous u/s didn't pick anything up and this is a recurring issue. Seeing an OB will maybe give us more insight and more options. Hopefully I'll be able to return to my mw at some point (this isn't a total transfer of care yet, just a second opinion), but really, it's so secondary to doing whatever we can to keep Chickie safe.

I'm just glad we are doing something, you know? I'll update more when I have an actual appointment (hopefully will know when this afternoon). It makes me more calm to have a plan, and allows me to focus more on the positives. We know Chickie is ok for now, and we're going to try and find the cause of the bleeding. Being proactive helps a lot.

* * * * * * *

Further update: The appointment is scheduled for tomorrow at 11 am.

And another. Home from work. Still bleeding and passing clots. Not a ton of blood but more than spotting. We found the h/b, a little higher than it had been (by a few beats, nothing serious). So, trying to lay down and rest and take it easy until tomorrow morning.


Jessica Loves Trevor (JLT) said...

I hope everything is okay. I will be thinking about you.

Elaine said...

I hope you get nothing but good news tomorrow!

moroccojade said...

:( You *really* don't need any more scares like this. I'm so sorry. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. Wishing you all the best. Hugs.

Scarlet said...

I am thinking about you and sending positive vibes your way.