Monday, February 9, 2009

I am so fucking angry right now I could scream.

I just called the asshole OB's office again. Because they still had not contacted me about my labwork from last Monday - the one that was supposed to tell us whether or not HCG was dropping appropriately for the methotrexate treatment or whether I'd need another shot. The levels were down very slightly at the 4 day draw, but the 7 day draw is the one that really explains things.

They were supposed to call Tuesday and let me know. I called early Wednesday afternoon when I hadn't heard anything and was told that my liver panel and blood count was fine, but the beta wasn't in. When it came in the asshole OB (I may be paraphrasing here slightly) would call me and tell me where things stood.

Understand that they need to do these draws on a timetable and give another dose for treatment if necessary. Cervical pregnancies are scary things. Mine seemed to be pretty minor by all accounts - but there is a serious risk of hemorrhage and if there is hemorrhage from an cervical pregnancy, there is often a hysterectomy. Because of how the embryo implants - it compromises blood supply in a weird way - that is why d&c's aren't recommended for cervical ectopics and why the advent of methotrexate is so wonderful in treating them.

Now, I've suspected, based on unscientific methods like spotting going away and pregnancy tests getting lighter (though still definitively positive) that levels were going down - but the bloodwork numbers are what you need.

So, I don't get a call Thursday and I get wrapped up in work Friday and forget to call (although, I was told Tuesday, and now it's Friday - wth? they suck). So I called this morning. Got a run around. Have to explain for 15 minutes what I was asking for (the beta hcg level from my last draw and my monitoring schedule), before the nurse finally realizes that the hcg wasn't run Monday, only a cbc and liver function panel. Ok, but uh, the important thing was the hcg level.

The nurse finally says that I didn't follow up with the appropriate blood draw so the doctor can't diagnose the status of treatment until I have another blood draw. I cut her off and said that was not accurate - that I was there last week and had 2 vials of blood drawn. Nobody called to inform me that the hcg wasn't run and that they needed me to come back. In fact, they didn't figure that out until I called and insisted on what I was supposed to have had already.

So I have to go in, a full week late, to have blood drawn again to determine whether levels are dropping appropriately. I am furious. I think they are going down and that treatment was successful - but my PHYSICIAN and his office are really the ones responsible for ensuring that - since I did my part by showing up on time and donating my blood for the cause. It shouldn't have to come down to ME insisting on everything for them to realize that there was a major fuck-up. I could have HEMORRHAGED and LOST MY UTERUS because of their fuck up and they want to say I didn't follow through correctly?

FUCK THEM. Fuck them and their fucking donkeys and their fucking judgmental asshole OB.

I could scream I am so furious right now.

1 comment:

aLLie said...

WOW that is completely ridiculous!!! I would have typed that entry in all capital letters from being so furious!!!!