Thursday, February 19, 2009

Some good, some not so good.

The not so good:

1. Still getting clearly positive tests. Annoying.

2. Fighting with the cable company and lying contractors who claim they came and called and no one answered or was home to let them in. We've been fighting for 6 months with Comcast to get our cable buried. The necessity of this action became urgent when the HOA told us we'd be fined. They missed 2 more appointments (burning DH on a vacation day and ruining our Valentine's Day plans) before not showing when I burned a vacation day yesterday. But this time, we had a corporate manager coordinating everything and proof the contractor lied - so now my cable is buried and I have a lovely service credit. Thanks, Daniel N! Still, it made for a long sucky day.

3. Not having a whole lot of food in the house, making it difficult to eat well or meal plan effectively.

4. Some stuff at work. I screwed up. My fault. Nothing major - just things slipping through the cracks or me falling behind, miscommunications or misunderstandings . . . it's frustrating. I want to be as close to perfect as possible and today I felt like I let my coworkers down when someone called me on the carpet for screwing up. I take that hard. I know I'm not perfect. I know no one is. I know that we all screw up things and nothing tragic happened. But I also know I wasn't doing my best for awhile there. All I can do now is do try harder to be more organized and more diligent in follow through so I know that I'm doing my best.

The good stuff:

1. I've done pretty well so far on WW, despite the limitations of groceries. I have gone over my daily total only twice, and then deliberately. Switching it up a little each day is good to keep the metabolism guessing. I still have 29 weekly allowance points to use by Monday (if I want). I've met my health checks every single day. I already feel loads better, and I'm pleased with myself. Hope it shows on the scale.

2. I got some good stuff done in the house. Slowly (painfully slowly) but surely, we are moving towards a clean house. Things have been less cluttered and the bathroom is finally, beautifully clean (apart from the floor - all the floors are happening this weekend). DH has been keeping the kitchen clean and I so appreciate that!

3. I have written over 100 pages and over 50,000 words on my story. I am feeling the direction coming and can begin to see how the individual pieces thus far will meld and form the basis for the rest of the story.

4. When I had my chocolate tonight (I try to eat some every day, but only a little, and I'm rocking that), I got an orange cream. I love orange cream. What a great end to a fabulous meal.

No comments: