Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Additional brief updates

The doctor called yesterday to say my blood levels are still in normal ranges, which is great news. And seriously - it was the doctor. I don't know if that is normal for other people, but I've never, ever had a doctor him/herself contact me with lab work. My midwife usually does, but not a doc. Which was awesome, because we could discuss the results. Would have been so helpful with the last pregnancy if that asshole had called me personally instead of his incompetant staff, you know?

Anyway, that's good.

Already after two doses of iron, I am feeling less tired and exhausted, which is terrific. Also looking into fiber supplements and things to lessen the intestinal effects of a lot of iron.

My husband think the iron is funny, especially since I need to take them opposite my prenatal. He thinks I will turn into a magnet if I take them at the same time, and that made me laugh.

And that's it for now. My sister should make it into town today, which is exciting, as I haven't seen her in person in almost 4 years (since my wedding). I'm really excited to spend some time with her and her family.

No comments: