Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Big U/S tomorrow

Let's cross our fingers that Little Chicken is healthy and continuing to grow on track.

I'm nervous, honestly. No reason to think things aren't ok, but I'm glad for a detailed scan to check it all out.

Of far less importance, let's hope that Little Chicken cooperates and gives up the goods and let's us know what to call him/her. I'm back on the girl train, while a lot of other friends are on the boy train. I'll be just as happy if Chicken is a Gabriel, rather than a Gwendolyn, which is a big relief. I really worried that I would be very disappointed in the outcome of the sex, and I really don't care. I even toyed with going fully team green for awhile, but in the end, I want to buy some clothes and have some stuff ready for the Chickie, so we'll find if we can.

There's been a fair amount of movement - rolls are still the most obvious, but I can pick out some kicks/thumps now and again. It's weird how much my uterus has grown - it's sitting right under my belly button.

Things have been pretty good, really. Work is just completely sucking my life away, which isn't necessarily bad, but it kind of makes me wish I were doing something I loved a bit more. I'm definitely looking forward to the weekend though, honestly. I could use some sleep.

Sadly, we didn't win the lottery this week, but then, neither did anyone else. So my fingers are also crossed for Friday's drawing. I can tell you I've probably spent about a million dollars in my head already, lol. I have fantasies about not having to go back to work and just staying home full time. Never thought that would be me (and honestly, I don't think I'd love it full time), but the fantasies are entertaining when I need a break.

That's about it. I'll try to write more this weekend; I've had plenty of things I've wanted to expand on, but the energy just isn't there. I will of course update tomorrow evening with information about how things go.

No comments: