Sunday, August 23, 2009

A conversation just held in my house.

My husband put on a pair of jeans (he'd been wearing gym shorts previously).

I looked up and said, "What are you doing?"

He said, "Um, putting on a pair of jeans?"

I said, "But why? Are you going somewhere?"

He said, "No. Why? My legs were cold. These were down here."

At this, point, the dog yips to get our attention. He is wagging tail and pleading, practically dancing around.

DH looks at the dog, then looks at me and says, "Clearly I need to wear pants more. I never considered putting them on a special occasion."

Then Jonah yips again and runs to the door expectantly, and pleadingly, clearly asking 'Where are you going? Can I come too? Please daddy? Are we going to go for a walk, maybe? I wanna come with you!'

DH informs Jonah no one is going anywhere, and then flops into the recliner with disgust. I am amused.

1 comment:

Tamaya said...

I have been reading your blog for so long that I feel like I know you. I am so sorry. I have no other words. I wish I could give you a hug. You remain in my prayers.