Friday, October 24, 2008

Letter to Chickadee, Week 8

Darling Chickadee,

Whew! We made it another week, and just one more month will have us out of the first trimester. So far, there are 2 months behind us, and we're starting on month three. You are growing so quickly, it's most easily measured by days right now, which astounds me. That you are growing inside me and I barely know it, that in a few weeks I will be able to feel you more weeks, and that a short time after that you will be a separate, live human to grow up with your own thoughts, hopes and dreams and future. How amazing! It takes my breath away when I think about it.

This week, your fingers and toes are becoming defined, you are getting longer and straighter, and your tail should be gone by the end of the week! Your brain is sending off brain waves - what are you thinking about in there? Your liver and your kidneys and your tiny lungs (which are more like fish lungs than what will be there in a few months) are all working and your little heart (which is one of the biggest parts of your body right now!) is pumping away, sending blood circulating. You have eyelids and your ears are forming right now. I wonder if you'll get your Daddy's pretty ears or if you'll get your poor uncle Mishka's ears. Well, as long as you don't shave your head like he does, it'll probably be ok. Did you know your eyes already have color? I wonder what color they'll be - apparently the odds are on green, but I secretly hope you get your mama's blue-gray eyes. But not my eyesight, darling one!

By now, you are eating off my meals - and I am less nauseous. So maybe our little talk last week helped? Or maybe you just like brownies! I'm feeling more bloated and heavy, and sometimes, when I lay down, I think I can begin to feel my uterus growing, just the edge of it. Next week, Mama is going to see Jackie again and she'll feel for you and your house and maybe show me where I should be feeling for you. And she'll try to hear your little heart-beat thumping away. I know it's early, but I've been feeling sort of anxious, so if you don't mind cooperating a little, and moving into a good position for that, I would love to hear you, little Chickadee. It's going to be a long time before I get to see you and I really just want some reassurance (besides the constant fatigue and sleepiness, the frequent urination, the ever present gas, the crazy emotions and food issues) that you are in there!

Daddy and I are doing ok. Jo-jo will definitely love having a 'brother or sister' to bark at and play with. He may seem a little scary, but he is just going to adore you! I can't wait to see you toddle around playing with him. You'll have to watch the stuff you drop though - he considers it fair game. Dad and I are thinking about your daycare options, and believe me. I don't want to leave in daycare at all. I'm still hoping we can convince Grandma Sweetie to come take care of you. Try hard to be really cute and adorable - that should help!

As always, darling little one, your daddy and I already love you so much. We can't wait to meet you and see what sort of person you will be. Hopefully the brownie addiction won't make you too wired or anything. Keep growing and growing darling one, and we'll hope to hear you soon.

Love you to pieces,
Mama and Daddy

No comments: