Monday, January 19, 2009

Yet another bruise!

Had blood drawn today, and I have to say that my comfort with my midwife is reaffirmed. For awhile, especially at the beginning, I was starting to think I needed to consider finding another mw. She was terrific during my m/c but I didn't love her office lately. She, however, has continued to be terrific and I appreciate her helpfulness. I do think she is great and given that I want a homebirth, my options are somewhat limited. I can't have it all, but to like her personally and feel a rapport and have a homebirth, I'm good with that.

Anyhow, one of the drawbacks to her is that she nearly always and inevitably gives me a bruise. And today was no exception. I could see the blue seeping around the bandage under my skin even as I left. Oh, well, at least they match - one for each arm! The hope and prayer, of course, is that it is the last one until the next pregnancy. Fingers are crossed.

In other news, spotting is GONE. Oh yes, my darlings, I am so getting laid. But perhaps not tonight, because when I announced to my dear husband, the love of my life, the man I've been longing to have sex with for weeks now, that the spotting was gone and we could have sex and did he wanna do me? His response was, "Eh, maybe."

MAYBE?! MAYBE! FFS, it has been SIX WEEKS. Asshat. He was chuckling, so pleased with himself until I announced that sex was no longer an option. Now, he's cooking dinner and bringing me stuff to drink. Uh -huh. That's what I thought.

No comments: