Thursday, June 25, 2009

Silver Linings

I went to my mw today to get her help with the bloodwork portion of the NT testing.

It was a good thing.

I needed enough blood to fill 5 circles, about the size of dimes. The packet of info said I could do it at home, and provided two lancets and a bandaid and a cotton ball, which was quite generous of them. But my mw had said she would help me, and I needed the order for the NT scan (they said to bring it with), so I called and was told to come out around 11:00.

Turns out, pricking my fingers to draw blood is as time consuming, difficult and bruising as sticking my arm.

I was stuck three times, there are visible bruises, and holy crap it HURT (please, God, do not let me have GD!). It took a full 20 minutes to fill those stupid tiny circles with my blood. At one point, my mw sighed in exasperation and said, "Do you have any blood in there? I suppose I should just be relieved it's not a vial draw!"

I thought about that on the way back to the office. . . it was better than trying to worry over her not finding the heartbeat when she tried (she tried for 3-5 minutes, and was a little high, from what I could tell).

My conclusions? I have the awesomest silver lining to my small, spidery, shallow veins ever.

I will never die from a vampire attack. A vampire will get so sick of the long wait to suck all my blood out, he'll give up in disgust and go find more suitable bleeders. And so I'll live. And I might be left with super powers.

Pretty cool, huh?

1 comment:

Elaine said...

LOL at your vampire comment. I guess that is something to be thankful for!