Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Could it be?!

Could I have ovulated?

I honestly don't know!

Maybe tomorrow will tell us more. I can tell you I had negative opk's (on both regular and digital) last week. Now I don't think this is the case, but the urine could have been dilute. On Sunday, I tested with hpt (still positive, sigh) and opk (just because) and the opk was +. Huh. I figured the urine the was diluted.

Tested again yesterday and the opks were positive again. Then I had the worst pain ever. Started as cramps and then moved to the left side where I feel ovulation pain. It was seriously painful. Took Advil, didn't help. Couldn't move without pain. Pinching, pulling, throbbing, aching pain. Finally took my miserable self to bed and curled around a heating pad and cried myself to sleep. It was that bad.

This morning? Nothing. No pain. Felt fine. Temp didn't change much though. Figured it was maybe a cyst, didn't know.

On a hunch, I took the opks again when I got home and sure enough - both clearly negative.

So there is evidence I may have ovulated, but I need to see the temperatures climb to confirm. While I think it unlikely that I had both severe ovulation pain and positive opks, it can happen. Please let it have been ovulation though. I know it's unlikely while there is still hcg in my system - and there is, numbers to come tomorrow - but at low levels it is entirely possible.

So. I hope it was, as that would mean we could go ahead and start ttc next cycle (which would put my period due around 3/14-15 and if I ovulated on time, then it would be after the beginning of April, well into what I consider the safe zone. So, I am hopeful! That would be great, by my way of thinking. Some hope of my body working correctly again is very welcome.

ETA:
Or not. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, the pain came back this evening for an hour or two (with bright red spotting, no less) and I thought I would die. Awful. Advil fortunately took care of the worst of it. Randomly - my cervix is low, while yesterday it was high, but it still feels very, very, very open. I am very curious about what the temp will do, but if it doesn't go up, I'm not going to freak out. It's no big deal, but I'm hoping I don't have to try and see someone about a potential cyst or something. I'd really, really love to not feel like a total reproductive system failure for awhile.

2 comments:

Hoping to be 3! said...

I have been following you for a while. I am cheering you on!

Hoping to be 3! said...

I have been following you for awhile. I a cheering for you!