Thursday, March 26, 2009

The green tea experiment

So I figured what the hell? Let's see if it helps. We have some here in the office. I'm hankering after a warm drink, which means either this green tea or my stash of vanilla almond tea.

Let's try it out, shall we? After all, what could possibly go wrong?

I proceed to make tea.

I realize I have steeped it twice as long as I should have (I like strong tea, so I steep my black tea for awhile, but green tea gets bitter if it's oversteeped). Oops.

I realize I have no honey, which is my go-to sweetener for green and herbal teas.

I realize the office has no Splenda, only Sweet-N-Low, which I refuse to drink.

I taste and realize it is exceedingly bitter. Sugar it is then. And vanilla creamer, because it can't hurt at this point.

Better make that 2 vanilla creamers. I am grimacing a bit now, and the color resembles snot that is just starting to go greenish, indicating possible infection. Charming.

I set the tea down on my desk and proceed to eat my orange.

I then go ahead and start typing, and when a giant BOOM of thunder startles me, I slam my wrist into my (full) cup and send a wave of tea flying.

Flying into my keyboard, all over my desk, lap and a stack of papers (thank goodness it was greeen tea and therefore shouldn't stain).

I am awesome.

I let it get tepid and then drank it as quickly as possible.

I'm thinking this may be a sign from God that drinking green tea during this cycle isn't the bestest of ideas ever.

4 comments:

queenrandom said...

Oh no!

Well don't let it scare you off of green tea, it really is lovely stuff, when done right ;) My favorite is hojicha; it's a japanese variety (not a brand) that is roasted green tea leaves. It tastes a little more like a black tea, or like a blend of green & black. Very nummy.

Unknown said...

((HUGS)) although this did make me giggle :)

notsosmallfries said...

I am so not a fan of green tea. The bitter kills me, even if I don't over steep it.

Did you short out your key board?

CottonSocks said...

Nope! As my stack of expense reports and vouchers were sopping up half the spill the napkin stash I keep in the desk for things like this, was gently soaking up the tea on the keyboard (which wasn't much).

All seems well.

I really don't know if I'll keep it up or not. It's supposed to help mostly with ewcm, and that isn't my problem (in fact, I could do with less of it). But we'll see. If I take some honey, it'll be better all around. Or find the old jasmine green tea I used to drink everyday. Don't remember who made it but it was quite good.