Friday, November 14, 2008

I've been tagged.

I don't normally do this stuff, but what the hell? I've got time to kill this morning.

I was tagged by biomaj, who can be found here:

http://iambiomaj5.blogspot.com/

Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. (I tried-hope it works!)
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

*****
Well, I can tell you I'll violate the last rule or two, because I can't remember that many blogs that haven't been tagged already.

But here are the 7 random facts about me.

1. I am currently listening to the Barenaked Ladies. I adore them.

2. I once made a clerk at a specialty book store literally stare at me with jaw dropped. It was a mystery book store and it's like a slice of heavan on eart. I could read mystery/thrillers all day long. LOVE them. Devour them. Anyway, it was my first time in the store and I was pretty overwhelmed. He was trying to direct me and asked me what I liked to read. I said, "Oh, I love Agatha Christie. So quick and fun." He smiled a little condescendingly at me and said, "Well, the British tea cozies are over here . . ." I then said, "OH yes, and I adore Val McDermid. Her sex crimes are so disturbing and her plots are so beautifully intricate." If you aren't familiar with Val McDermid, her books are utterly haunting, and deal with hardcore sex crimes and serial murderers. And they are utterly brilliant. So basically, it's harder to come up with two complete opposites and this guy's jaw just dropped open and he stared at me.

3. I sometimes think in internet abbreviations. Like I'll think about Dh and call him DH in my head. Awesome.

4. I am very particular about the way I eat my food, especially things like M&Ms. I have to separate them by color and then even them out so there is the same number of each color, then eat them in even numbers. My old boss and friend thought that was SO WEIRD but after three years with me and weekly meetings with a jar of M&Ms there, she now does it too without realizing it. Bwahh haaa haaaa.

5. It's no secret that I am a giant Spurs fan, but it is of note that I do one of two things during games we watch (it's been a bit painful to watch lately) - I knit or I chat with other Spurs fans during games. I'm not sure which makes me a bigger dork.

6. I like to cook and I love to bake but I do neither with any frequency. DH and I made a deal which neither of us have honored but which we both want to work towards, which includes him cleaning up more frequently and me cooking at least twice a week.

7. I have a degree in history, but I work in finance. I can't do math accurately in my head. AWESOME.

No comments: