Thursday, November 20, 2008

Spotting and weird temps continue.

It's been two weeks since I passed everything from the misoprostol.

The spotting is much, much lighter, sometimes none or only a bit. The good news is that it does seem to be in a pattern that is disappearing. My cervix also seems to be firming up and closing up, which would indeed be good news. The only weird thing is my temps. Since I started temping again, I had a flat 97.3 for four days. 97.3 is a borderline temp for me. Usually indicates a post-o temp, but not always. I've seen it during my period and pre-O in a wacky cycle. Then it dropped to a whopping 97.2 and then back up to a 97.4 which is a definitely a post-O temp.

So yeah. Not much to say. Life is continuing on. Definitely more good hours than bad. There have been bad hours, but it's easier each day. It's still hard to believe that I would have been 12 weeks today, emerging from first tri, hearing a heartbeat and relaxing just a little, beginning to really enjoy the time with Chickadee. It's hard to imagine it, now. My body feels so normal again.

It is curious, isn't it, how so many big important things in our lives leave so little physical impact? Our marriages, our bonds, our friendships, all these things. No physical connections to our husbands or wives or our parents or siblings. Nothing to say - we are tied together forever, whether we want to be or not.

The physical really is a short term sort of thing. But there is so much that is outside the physical. I know attraction and endorphins and things are physical - but there is intangible as well. So what does that mean for us in the end?

No comments: