Thursday, November 27, 2008

The problems with fertility.

I'm really unsure whether or not I'm really fertile. It could be that I am fertile. Certainly, there has been a great deal of fluid, both internally and externally. Wet, stretchy, sinks in water. Cervix has been opening, and was higher and softer than just after the bleeding stopped. There is also a nabothian cyst, which I seem to get near mid-cycle.

But then I have doubts. We've sex every night for the past three nights. Maybe the fluid is just left over semen (though until today, it's lasted all day long). My vagina doesn't feel as wet or lubricated as normal during the fertile phase and I haven't had any sort of ovulatory pain. I know it doesn't happen all the time, but still. And the fluid has slowed down today, and it feel like my cervix moved down. This all confuses me.

It means I'm feeling hesitant about this fertility thing. I know it could be a fertile patch that doesn't end in ovulation, or that I could even have ovulated today. But it's a wee bit frustrating. I really think charting to avoid pregnancy was far easier. I mean, really - if there is any fluid, slap on a condom. Use condom until after 4 days of high temps. No further action really required, you know? GAH.

It's nice to have sex. But it's hard to keep it from turning into ttc sex, you know? Where you have it even when you aren't totally interested, because you might be fertile. We're sort of hovering on the cusp of that now. The frustration I feel with determining fertility status doesn't help. And because we're hitting early sales tomorrow, I won't be able to accurately temp. SUCK.

Ah well.

In other news, Thanksgiving was nice. A little more awkward than I'd thought it would be, with both my parents there - it wasn't that awkward at our house. I guess being in the house she lived in for many years was a little awkward for Mom and Dad both. But I appreciate their efforts.

The tattoo is doing ok; it's sore and definitely has a protective skin. I'm just hoping it doesn't become a hard scab. The dog clawed me good, right over it and OUCH. Good lord that HURT.

Now, I'll be hitting the hay soon, as we intend to try for a new television tomorrow. I am afraid. Very afraid.

No comments: