Saturday, November 8, 2008

Made a decision.

I will go back to work on Tuesday. Not for a full day, but I'll go to my training session in the morning and check my email, get caught up, etc for a couple of hours, then go to a presentation one of my 'kids' is giving. He's one of the last people to not know I lost the baby, so that part will suck, but seeing him will be worth it.

If I'm physically ok, then I need to go back. I'd rather stay home of course, and I'm dreading a lot about it, but nevertheless, there is no reason to waste my sick time moping about the house. I have hopes of getting pregnant again, and if it happens soon, I'll regret taking more than a week off.

Better to get back to some semblance of normal, and maybe it will become normal. That's what has worked before, anyway. Maybe I'll be more productive at work now. I could use a decent raise, so I can hope anyway.

I plan to spend the next three days working on the house, starting to get things back in order in advance of Thanksgiving. Since we're hosting, we need to get things cleaned up - in the actual straightened, dust the baseboards, clear the table and the boxes and the desk and shelves of their detritus sort of way, rather than the normal ignore it and run a duster over it instead of putting it away thing that we typically do. Which does involve massive reorganization, sadly. I can do it, but I'd rather not, if you see what I mean?

Anyhow, we're going to go to Benihana's shortly. Yum.

No comments: