Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sadness

I was about to post a fluffy post on April Fool's Day shenanigans, but as I was typing, I spoke with Dh.

His grandmother passed away this afternoon. It was not wholly unexpected as she had been in declining health for some time and was in an assisted living facility, and from what I understand was not always fully present. Nevertheless, the timing was a shock, as he was unaware of any real complications in her health. She was also his last living grandparent.

He wasn't especially close to her; we lived here and I don't believe he'd even seen her in the past year as our visits home are so short. I only met her once, despite our having been together nearly 8 years, if that gives you any indication.

Funeral arrangements have yet to be determined, but it appears the plans for the weekend (my mom coming up to help celebrate my birthday on Saturday) are scrapped. I don't know yet what we will be doing, but I am desparately hoping to avoid attending the funeral, but will not avoid it at the expense of DH being able to attend.

For now, if you'd say a prayer or send good thoughts for his grandmother and his family, it would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm so sorry to hear about DH's grandmother and am thinking of you both during this sad time. -Becky19