Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oh, yeah. Ovulation, bitches!

I feel nearly giddy. My cervix was low, firm and closed and my temperature was a toasty 97.6. That put definite cross hairs on my chart, even if I put the first sketchy temp from Monday in. Wheeeee! I ovu-late-ed! I ovu-late-ed!

(yes, I'm doing the Conga in my head)

Anyhow, that means our timing was terrific, and I ovulated on the left side, which I superstitiously believe is somehow better. I know our odds are about 20% regardless, but man, I feel hopeful. I looked at similar charts in FF, including a special search for the first cycle after miscarriage, and 66% of those in the first cycle after m/c and using opks (with an intercourse pattern like mine) were pregnancy charts. That? makes me so hopeful, I can't explain.

And when you subtract 10-12 days of the bleeding/spotting (more than usual), I actually had a fairly standard cycle, which is something of a relief.

I dunno. I was feeling down and now I'm not really anymore. I had a strong feeling before that if this happened, it would be a boy. That feeling has morphed into I feel really good about our chances, both of a pregnancy and a 'sticky' baby that grows and is healthy.

Fingers crossed, anyway.

No comments: