Monday, December 15, 2008

Something other than pregnancy/miscarriage/charting/etc.

So it's been brought to my attention that I am one-track and boooorrrrrrinnnnnnng.

Too right.

But that's because this blog mainly focuses on those things listed above. Other blogs focus on my (poor attempts at) writing and on the garden and the family and the pets.

But I can try to work more into this place, to make myself more interesting.

The trouble is - I'm just not that entertaining. Dh and I have friends - most of them are scattered to the four winds, and few of them are in Houston. We don't go out much, because we are comfortable at home. That's what we like to do - be at home, curled up with a book or the laptop, or the television remote or each other. I do other stuff, but little is of note.

Right now, I've got a writing project going. It's a fan-fiction, though I've got one idea for an actual story. I thought I would try refining my technique with someone else's characters (as I interpret them) first. I'd like to give it a go with a story in my head and see again what I need to work on if I'm going to try my own story. So far, I'm getting lots of great feeback about what I'm doing wrong. I read enough to see the error of my ways, but I'm not talented enough to fix the problems.

I have some new acrylics and some new canvasses, but I haven't felt the urge to pain in awhile. Maybe because I know how dismal my drawing is, and thus how flat and oddly shaped my painting is. But oh, it is fun to do. I do enjoy doing it - so I do still, when I get the urge. I will over Christmas.

I have two major knitting projects underway - the baby blanket I haven't touched since we lost Chickadee and the scarf I started immediately after because I desperately needed something to do with my hands, lest I go insane in the first couple of days. It's about a third done, and I bought more yarn, but I haven't really picked it up. Too busy screwing around online at night, I guess.

No new books, though I've spent time re-reading a good deal, and reading a good deal of fiction online (which is tedious due to the amatuer nature and lack of adequate grammar and spell check for much of it). I hope I can get something new for Christmas - I'm just not that into non-fiction at the moment.

I have a few needlework pieces in process - many of which have been in process for years now. An angel piece, the nursery wall letters, three fairy take pieces (Cinderella, Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty), and the most complex piece - a 6 flower design. Gorgeous, but very intricate. Haven't actually touched it in a couple of years.

We've taken to clipping the dog by hand. It's not as neat or pretty as the groomer, but it works and damned if he doesn't look all right after all (mostly). Still need to get those damn nails clipped though - we suck at it. It's much less expensive that way too.

My favorite colors are blue and yellow. I love Classic Pooh - the stories and the drawings. I am a total Eeyore, and he's my favorite character. My fave book is Pride and Prejudice, and I love most anything with pretty old-fashioned dresses.

And it's cold outside, with this new information about yours truly, I am going home. Cheers, all.

No comments: